Sunday, September 22, 2024

September 19 Sleepy KT

Thursday:  I was a tiny bit "baffled" by Kaity today. I picked her up at the usual time from Jesse. She walked out of their house without a word to Jesse (very unusual), got in my car without saying a word (practically) to me ... i.e. I asked:  "How was your day, Kaity?" She responded with kind of a grunting sound. I asked a few more questions, but then gave up receiving any articulate answers. I figured she'd had a bad day? She looked exhausted! Plus, it looked like she had written all over her arms and legs (!!) with an ink pen. At first, I thought she had gotten majorly tattooed; but as I looked more carefully, I was relieved to find out it was just PEN. But why?!

Anyway ... we got to my house, Kaity had her usual dozen pieces of watermelon (this was the only "usual" thing about our whole time together), and then took to the couch with her phone (also, not unusual). I fussed around on my computer for a bit, and then fussed around in the kitchen and got our little meal together. It was about 5:00 and I had to wake her up in order to get her over to the table to eat. She promptly took two bites of her hotdog and then told me she wasn't really hungry. She asked if she could return to the couch ... by this time (!!) I had no doubt that she was exhausted, and I sought to make her as comfortable as possible. I covered her up nice and cozy, gave her head some little kisses, and she was OUT for the count. She slept the entire time she was here! I had asked if we were going to Altitude tonight and she just gave me that "look" (which said: "Are you crazy, grandma?"), we got in my car and I drove her to her mom's. 

Sigh.

I will admit that I felt ... how do I say ... very ... uneasy? ... sad? ... clueless--ah! That's the word--CLUELESS--as to why our time together was such a mystery. When I felt her head, she wasn't warm or anything. When I asked her if she was sick, she said she wasn't. Trust me, I only asked that question ONE time (so as not to be overly annoying). 

As I drove home from her mom's, I prayed that whatever was going on with dear Kaity that He would take care of her, give her rest, and stop me from worrying. The Lord did answer. Every time Kaity came to my mind before I went to bed, I just committed her to the Lord and asked Him to watch over her. He's good at doing that, so I was able to be at peace.


No comments: