Wednesday, September 11, 2024

September 7 with KT

Saturday:  I decided to make Kaity's favorite "dish" today: chicken and rice w/broccoli. I figured I would pick her up from Diana's at about 3:30; however, when I was getting ready to leave, I received a text stating they were at Chris's first "home" game of the season over in Olivet. Rats! How did I miss that this was the day?!?! The thought of a home game for Christopher crossed my mind briefly this week--but it flitted right away! I meant to check the Olivet University football schedule. I just did it and see that Chris has another home game on Saturday. I am determined to GO!

Kaity didn't get home from the game until nearly 4:30, which is when I picked her up from Diana. Since I had our meal all ready for us, we ate right away. I like to see Kaity eat a good meal and enjoy it. She can be tricky sometimes to feed because she has such a small capacity in her stomach--I think it's because she snacks too much in between meals--but what do I know? Anyway, she seemed to enjoy our meal together tonight.

We did play TWO new games tonight:  Chinese checkers AND corner checkers. Kaity was interested in learning the games and played them well! She even beat me at corner checkers!


We went to Altitude tonight where we met Kaity's friends, Kenzie and Harper. They played pretty well together for most of the time tonight. Kaity got "bugged" about something near the end of our time there, so she was rather quiet and into herself for the last 20 minutes or so. I'm never sure what Kaity is thinking at times like this, or what to do to snap her out of it. She would not say why she was in this mood, so I dropped her back off at her mom's with no clue; however, I did commit her to the Lord and ask that He would do His work in her life, no matter what. I am very glad that He sees us, knows us, and loves us.

No comments: