Sunday, September 15, 2024

September 13 Little Cal

Friday:  This is our second Friday ... just having Cal to my house while the bigger kids are in school. His poor mama had oral surgery yesterday and was home recuperating when I picked Cal up at 11:30. We went right over to my place, and I hope Kelly got some good rest throughout the day.

Little Cal has himself a good time over here with all the toys to play with and no competition (except from his grandma). I took pictures of him playing in the playroom mostly. We played cars for quite awhile, taking them to and from the fix-it shop, taking them through the car wash, and gassing them up.

But then Cal remembered my "bin" of rocks and beans and construction vehicles. I cannot believe how long he played with this! Hence, all the pictures...

Cal felt it was pretty necessary to bring Mr. Tiger and Mr. "No" Leopard (Snow Leopard) over to the construction site for demolition purposes ... they were very good at destroying whatever it was the trucks were up to . . .
We buried lots of vehicles. We found hidden treasures too!


Cal is quite an intense little guy with tactile toys ... he really enjoys them and is contented with them a very long time. I enjoyed just sitting and watching his delighted little soul.


We played out in the main room for awhile with the MagnaTiles and built a special house and camper for our magnet people. I didn't get any pictures of what we made, but Cal was very into it and quite happy the entire time. What a little JOY he is.

I then suggested we play with Play-Doh, which is something else he really loves to do.

We made all kinds of interesting stuff with our Play-Doh today. Cal wanted me to help him make a long "nake" (snake), so we did! We decorated him with little flower impressions and put google eyes on him. Cal was very pleased.

Since I had ALSO made a long snake, Cal decided the two "nakes" should FIGHT! So, of course, they did. Cal's snake won, big-time. I didn't let the fight drag out too long, though, because I didn't want the yellow and orange Play-Doh to get all mashed up together--then we'd just have a lighter orange color and NO yellow.

We also made Play-Doh monsters with various eyes, noses, arms and legs. Cal got a real kick out of this and tried to make his as weird as possible.



As you can see, I didn't get his mouth wiped off very good after we had our second snack--but that's OK. He's still the cutest little guy.

I put on a "Hot Wheels" video (20 minutes) for Cal while I was picking up toys around here, and then we zoomed on back to his house in time for Erin and Aidan's bus drop-off. Cal was soundly sleeping in his car seat--you can't believe how difficult it was to wake him up! He was SO tired. I gave up for about 15 minutes, rolled some of the windows slightly open in the car and let him sleep.

Eventually, we all played silly games inside the house until Dylan came home from work. He had plans to take the kiddos to the Huskie football game tonight, so they all left for the game at about 6:30 ... and I drove back to my very quiet little house! It was a very nice day with the kids, though, and I felt super thankful about it.


No comments: