Monday, September 16, 2024

September 14 Jesse's housewarming party

Saturday Evening:  Jesse has been renting a house for just about four years now, and seeking to buy it. His very good friend, Scott--and Scott's dad--worked with Jesse on house projects over the last years and have added a nice bedroom, a second full bathroom, a laundry room, have re-sided much of the house, worked on the roof, etc. Scott lives right next door and owned this house--actually BOUGHT the house with Jesse in mind (super kind of him)--so Jesse has rented this place from him. BUT FINALLY, Jesse got a loan from the VA, made sure the house was "up to snuff", got the house appraised, signed papers and is now a home OWNER. He thought it might be appropriate to throw a housewarming party to celebrate; so he did!

You'd think that I would have gone around the house and taken pictures of it to show you the front yard, the side, the very cool "working" garage/workshop, all of the improvements they've made to the inside of the house, etc. I was too distracted by my grandchildren to notice anything whatsoever about the house. I even neglected taking a picture of Jesse--which is just about inexcusable. Sigh.

Here are some of the pictures I DID take:

Dylan and kiddos were already there when Kaity and I arrived. We were a little late because we stopped at my house after the Olivet game and ate a quick meal before going to Jesse's place. Dylan's kids liked Jesse's big screen TV and his fancy computer equipment too.

They especially loved these reclining chairs and wanted to sleep in them. They ARE very comfortable.
Kaity took us all outside to her back yard where we played for a little while. Brendan took it in hand to run circles around the perimeter of the house, with wee Cal following close behind him.
It was a super beautiful day to be outside, so we stayed out to play. Kaity wasn't wild about having the kids in her room. She recently just bought a LEGO technics set, assembled it, and it is sitting on her desk in her room. She was concerned the little kids would dis-assemble it if they played too much with it. SO ... we did not go into Kaity's room. That was OK, though, because we found enough to do outside.

Jesse has plans to "clear out" a lot of the overgrown brush back here. His property extends another 150' into the woods where there is at least one stream that flows. 


Erin and I sat in the driveway making stone towers for quite awhile. We wanted to see how many stones we could stack without them falling over. I think SIX was as many as we could stack without the whole thing falling over.
I know that stacking stones doesn't sound very interesting; but just about anything with Erin is interesting because she is constantly talking and telling me her ideas and the reasoning behind the decisions she makes. She corrects me, too, if she doesn't agree with my "take" on any subject. 
Jesse went over to JETS and picked up a few pizzas to share with everyone. It was nice for Dylan's kids to be able to hang out with their cousin, Kaity, for a little while. We don't get them together enough. Brendan and Kaity are both 12 now; so it's quite an age gap between even Aidan (7) and them. 

Here are 5 of 8 grandchildren! AND I saw a sixth grandchild earlier in the day (Chris)! This was a VERY GOOD DAY!

I found an airplane I had folded months ago inside Jesse's house. I brought it outside and we flew it around his yard for a very long time.
I made this montage of Cal flying the airplane--he certainly loves all moving vehicles! He does a very decent job of throwing a paper airplane too. Cutie.

It was nearly 8pm when I left the housewarming. I was tired from being away all day, and it was good to get home again to my cozy little beach house. So thankful for this place.

No comments: