Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 24 Brendan has a solo!

Tuesday evening:  After the cross-country event, we drove back to Brendan's so that he could eat some pizza, take a shower and change clothes for the choir concert over at the Fine Arts Center. The concert consisted of the Middle School Choir, the High School Choir, and the Concert Choir. All of the music was written by the Beetles--it was a celebration of the 64th anniversary of the Beetles' debut in the USA.

Here is what you need to know--these pictures do not even begin to do justice to the kids that performed. Especially Brendan. It was dark in the auditorium with lights on the stage, and I am really bad at taking pictures in this environment. If only I could have shown you BRENDAN when music takes hold of him. It goes deep into his very soul and his entire body responds. It's so beautiful and sweet ... and PURE ... I hope I never forget what he looked like tonight. He is such a precious person.

Here are the best of the pictures--and these are not good (sadly)--but they are all I have!

The Middle School choir was the 3rd choir to perform. Their first number was a song by Ringo Starr that I had never heard. Dylan told me he did a song on every one of their albums--I'm not well versed on Beetle "albums"; I am just familiar with their Top 10 hits from when I was Brendan's age. Anyway, Brendan had the first solo! I think the microphone was a little intimidating to him--but he did really well after he got used to it.


Brendan is naturally musical. He has been like this since birth (practically). Music gets inside of him and he just has to express it--I don't think he could restrain himself if he wanted to! And I am so glad that he gets such joy from music.

The Middle School choir exited, but then came back with all of the choirs at the end to do a Beetle's ensemble ... quite a few of them actually.
Dear little Erin and her folks ...
Here is the combined choirs singing the last few numbers ...





Brendan really got into the music and lyrics of "Yesterday". That was always one of my favorite Beetle numbers too.



"Why she had to go, I don't know--she wouldn't say. I said something wrong, now I long for Yesterday ... oh, oh, oh Yesterday ..." Can you see Brendan's dear heart as he sings? 


At the end of the concert, the choir director asked all of the soloists to step forward for special recognition.



I was so proud of Brendan. He handled this situation so well. 
The little kids and I stepped outside after the concert so that they could run down and roll down their favorite hill outside the Fine Arts Center. The grass was a little bit wet and slippery--but that didn't deter these little ones!
What a wonderful day this was. I don't get happier than this! My heart soared with Brendan's as he sang. I love him so much. How thankful I am that I got to share this special day with this dear family.

No comments: