Wednesday, October 14, 2020

October 14 A surprise visit with Kaity

Wednesday:  Today is my day OFF, but I wanted to drive by and check the progress on Jesse's house and show Kaity my Walking Stick, Stickie, before I let him go! When I arrived at Jesse's new place, Kaity was with her friends, Kenzie and Harper (who live right next door!). The girls found "Stickie" to be very interesting, but agreed that we must set him FREE.


I told Kaity she could pick the place where Stickie would be let go. She walked to the back of their lot and we very carefully set him free. Do you see him there on the leaves?

 I should have known better, but I let the girls talk me into a walk in the DEEP DARK WOODS behind their lots. Look what treasure we found? A completely intact turkey feather!
It is very beautiful back in here--but then, I LOVE woods.

The girls ran ahead and I zoomed in on my phone to get this picture (below). I did not have my camera with me and had to rely on my phone instead.

There is a tiny stream running back here--isn't it lovely? I think it is an offshoot from Mill Creek.

I love these pictures of you, Kaity!

It was so nice to have a surprise visit with you today!
I also got to see Jesse for a few minutes and take Emma to work. AND, I got to look inside and see how the renovations are going for the house ... progress is being made!!  

PS  While we were down near this little stream, the girls and I got a bit muddy ... well, actually VERY muddy ... and the little girls were wearing their school shoes! Oh no! It was totally MY fault. I should have known better than to go down in the gorge without knowing what was underneath all of these leaves. I am so sorry, girls!

No comments: