Monday, October 5, 2020

October 2 An unusual Friday

 Friday:  I was scheduled for an endoscopic ultrasound today at noon over at the hospital. My dear friend, Brenda, drove me to and from, stayed with me the entire time she was allowed to do so, and I was well taken care of. Thankful it is over ... but it's not exactly over. You see, the physician who did the endoscopy (to check the cysts on my pancreas) found an "incidental" tumor ... yes, T-U-M-O-R on the muscle wall of my stomach. What?!??! Well, no reason to panic ... truly. He did a needle biopsy and sent it off to Pathology to see just what we are dealing with. In the meantime, I am already scheduled to see a surgeon in a few weeks who will formulate a plan ...

Since I couldn't eat anything since 6PM Thursday evening, when I came home from the test, I was very happy to eat! I grabbed a banana and shared it with Matey, who was extremely happy about it!


Isn't he the cutest little guy?



I ate more than a banana. I actually made my dinner ahead that morning. It was a yummy broccoli/pasta casserole that I really love. I also ate a piece of delicious cake that I had frozen in the freezer--a gift from my friend, Robin. PLUS, I ate a chocolate pumpkin delicious-beyond-words two-bite treat from Brenda, and then a consumed half a package of M & M's ... because ... well, I guess I am a teensy tiny bit stressed about having a tumor ... but you see--had I NOT had the endoscopy (which, by the way, checked out just fine for those fluid-filled cysts on my pancreas), the doc never would have seen the tumor on my stomach. Always something to be thankful for in the end, right? God does incredible things beyond our understanding.

No comments: