Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 31 Quiet and peaceful

Saturday:    My recovery has gone very well this week. It sure has been QUIET around here without the grandchildren. I miss them very much. My stomach is healing up very nicely. The bruising around the incisions have lessened, and I don't hurt nearly as bad as I did--I can even sneeze now and blow my nose without wincing! Yay! I'm still on the full liquid diet, but I added cream of potato soup yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. I mixed it with a can of milk, blended it real good in my tiny blender, and then microwaved it. I have another half of it to finish up today.

Brenda has been a constant help, friend, guide, "mother" all throughout the week. I've spoken to her every day via FaceTime. It's always wonderful to see her kind face. She came yesterday to help me with groceries. I had planned to pick up the groceries at Meijer (I ordered them on-line and got one free pick-up), but when I tried to start my car yesterday, it wouldn't! Brenda came and drove me to Meijer, helped bring my groceries inside, and then she asked to try starting my car. She got it to start! Yes! I took it for a drive after Brenda left, and while I was out and about, I drove through Wendy's and picked up a few more chocolate Frosty's for my nourishment.

And speaking of nourishment, every day so far I have eaten this:

  • one helping of Cream of Wheat (with cinnamon and brown sugar)
  • one strawberry yogurt (Activia)
  • two chocolate Ensure (yuck)
  • one bowl of creamy soup
  • lots of water
  • one helping of jello or pudding
  • sometimes a scoop of ice cream or sherbert at night
Lots is going on about COVID. We are seeing an upswing in Kent County, and for almost the first time since this nightmare began, I actually know several people who are "down" with it. Dylan and Kelly have friends who have it, so they have had to isolate all week. Kelly has had to cancel clients. They sound like they are doing okay ... I wish I could be of help to them.

Emma informed me that the high school has shut its doors once again as of last Friday. A few COVID cases prompted this. PLUS, their good friend Larry--at whose house Emma is living--has contracted COVID. He is not a healthy person to begin with (diabetes, heart disease, blood disorder). Emma has had to quarantine from work as a result.

One of our Bible study ladies has also contracted COVID. She is a young single woman who runs her own floral business here in town. Several of her business partners have COVID and now she has it too. Our Bible study group meets virtually, so none of us have been exposed. 

So what on earth have I been doing? 

I've been making cards, naturally! Consequently, I have been almost 100% happy the entire week! I LOVE making cards. I love the beauty God has created, and I love His beautiful Word. I hope to make three more cards today! 

Also, I have returned to playing Solitaire Scrabble. Pathetic, I know it! But I have so much fun playing Scrabble. I just do Player A against Player B ... and I win every time!

Of course, Matey is always very near by ... he's quite a rascal these days.

It's a beautiful day as far as the weather is concerned. I am going to force myself out into the cold and take an actual stroll around the block in a little while--perhaps I'll take my camera with me.


No comments: