Monday, October 5, 2020

October 3 with my Kaity-Girl

Saturday:  I never quite know exactly what "mood" I'm going to find Kaity in lately (understandably); but I did ask the Lord to give us a good time together today, and He definitely answered my prayer.

As soon as we arrived at my house this afternoon, Kaity announced that SHE was the TEACHER and it was time to teach her students! Thankfully, I was ready for that possibility and had all of our school stuff out and organized.
Our Kaity does NOT like to read. She cannot understand WHY I think reading is "the highest form of pleasure" available on this earth! Ah. That's OK. As long as she learns to read. Which is tricky ... the learning part, that is.
What is working so far is "playing" school where "Miss Kaitlynn" teaches her doll babies to read. Both Liam and Lily do NOT know how to read, which will be detrimental to them for the rest of their entire lives!!!! Ah--the situation MUST BE REMEDIED!
Kaity actually does a very good job reading to her babies. She has taken this whole thing extremely seriously (thank you, Lord).
We even have an official "Reading Chart" for Liam and Lily, with stamps and names of books they've read, etc. to incentivise them to ACHIEVE their goal.
We split up our time between school and play.
I've already gotten my $100 worth out of these magnetic tiles. No kidding. The kiddos ALL love them.
Kaity's face! WHY?!?!?
I've been amazed at how Kaity will build and play and pretend, using these tiles. I'm so thankful for them.

Kaity loves to build. I think it gives her a sense of accomplishment--which it should!

Our four hours together went by very fast today. We ate our hotdogs and snacks, played, and then returned back to Jesse right on time to switch girls ... Kaity for Emma!

 

No comments: