Monday, October 26, 2020

October 25, A welcomed visit

Sunday:  Since I had done so well with visitors yesterday, I messaged Jesse that it would bring a smile to my heart if he could stop by for a brief hello. He told him to bring anyone who wanted to come with him!

Emma and Jesse came over and visited for about an hour with me. It was SO wonderful to see them! We had such a nice time talking. I had hunted through my refrigerator before they arrived and separated out any solid food that was already opened and that would "go bad" in the next few weeks unless I gave it away. I found two loaves of Emma's favorite breads, some all-beef hotdogs and buns for Jesse, some assorted snack food, and chips and crackers from my pantry too.
Look at how handsome my Jesse is! Hey, and listen to this--I have been praying about extra income for him--COVID has affected his supplementary income and he has a serious problem near the end of the month just making it. On Friday, Jesse heard from a friend of a friend who needed a driver of a rented truck to transport to Chicago, pick up some restaurant equipment, and return it to Grand Rapids.
Jesse is an excellent driver PLUS he loves to drive! So he did this job and was paid well for his labor! Thank you, Lord, for meeting Jesse's real need. My heart felt like bursting listening to Jesse describe his adventure to Chicago! There is promise of more driving for this fellow in the future--nothing regular, but at least something to supplement. I just could not be more thankful.

No comments: