Monday, October 26, 2020

October 24 Excellent care

Saturday:  Well, this is my second day home from the hospital. I am on what is called a "full liquid diet" (as opposed to a "clear liquid diet") and I am already pretty yucked out thinking that I have many more weeks of drinking ENSURE, chocolate notwithstanding. The chocolate certainly beats out the vanilla by a long shot, but it still tastes nasty. BUT it has protein, which is much needed at this point since I am not getting much nutrition otherwise.

I was laying on the couch late this morning, thinking about all the stuff I had to give thanks about ... but my brain kept going to something that I WANTED that I hadn't received--which is really bratty of me--but I was just longing for some flowers! I mean, don't sick people usually receive flowers?! So I just kind of casually mentioned this to the Lord ... looked up and asked Him for FLOWERS ... barely got the "Amen" spoken when I noticed a red van pull into my driveway. I opened the front door and read "Rockford Florist" on the side of the truck! A dear woman carried up this beautiful vase of flowers to me! I was SO amazed ... truly! God! You are so AWESOME. Talk about feeling LOVED. My friend from Muskegon (Gail) sent them to me with the kindest note attached. But the timing of their arrival ... SO wonderful!
My dear friend, Karen dropped over mid-afternoon. I love Karen so much. She is difficult to describe because people just don't get any nicer or more beautiful than Karen ... but God has given me a whole handful of beautiful people, different from each other, but ALL of them kind and caring friends. Karen brought over FOUR Frosty's from Wendy's !!  and TWO different Chinese soups! PLUS, she sat down and we visited for two hours, which seemed like perhaps TWO seconds. I love Karen so much. I drank one of the Frosty's and froze the other three. I love Frosty's!
AND, just as Karen was leaving, dear dear DEAR Brenda arrived with this absolutely perfect humidifier! Look at it! It's just right and I could even figure out how to put it together and operate it ... practically a miracle! The air is super dry in my little house during the winter and I find that when I try to sleep at night, I get a dry hacking cough--which has been terribly painful with these incisions. But this humidifier has given me much relief already! Thank you, Brenda!
Just a few more shots of these darling flowers ...

Thank you, Lord, for friendships ... for the kindness of dear women who YOU have placed in my life to bless me. I am filled up to the top with their love ... and with Your Excellent Care !

No comments: