Wednesday, October 7, 2020

October 6 Three very busy bees ...

Tuesday:  We had an exceptionally nice Tuesday today. These kids are so much fun. Challenging at times, but any THREE children can be a challenge at any given time! I've fallen completely in love with little Erin Lucia. She is the sweetest little person.

Brendan worked on a RAINBOW patterned weaving for a little while. The first step went well for him, but the second layer that has to go in and out, in and out, was a little more than his hands could handle. So we put that aside--no problem.


After a little while, Brendan asked me to get out my numerical transformers. I had not gotten these out to play with for many MONTHS ... because I could NOT figure them out! They were harder than my brain could figure! I had all but forgotten them, but I brought them out to him to see what he would do. It's not like he hasn't tried to figure them out in the past--but it's probably been six months ago.

I played with the little kids while Brendan got to work ...
Little Aidan is in the process of potty-training. He told me that he is "becoming a big boy" now. He repeated that to me several times throughout his stay, all the while refusing to use his little portable potty!
Look at Brendan! He got out every single diagram and followed every picture in detail.
After our first diaper change (well, Aidan wears pull-ups now), Aidan decided to build with the wooden blocks in the playroom.
He summoned me back to show me the house he had built for me. He kept adding more and more to it ...
He said he wanted me to have a BIG house ... so there you have it!
His face! His eyes! Yikes. What a kid.

Erin was rather attached to my flute today ...
Brendan stayed hard at work at building the giant transformer out of the small transformers ... and then he reminded me that my numerical transformers (zero to 9) actually make two separate large transformers.
He said it was pretty hard, but he was going to make both of those big transformers!

Isn't it fun to watch him figure stuff out? He did a lot better than I could, that's for certain--I am a person with absolutely NO mechanical ability.

Look how pleased Brendan is with his accomplishment!

Little Erin practically ATE my flute ...


Aidan is tricky to feed. Here he is consuming a variety of cereals in a "small" bowl -- this was his request -- he simply MUST have a "small" bowl filled with DRY cereal. OK then.


Erin was very impressed at Brendan's super-duper transformer building.
Little sweetheart!




I love these pictures of the kiddos from today. I had prayed that God would bless our time and HE DID. My friend, Brenda, and husband, Russ, stopped by to say a quick "hi" towards the end of our afternoon. You should have seen my house! What a wreck! They completely understood, being grandparents themselves. 

No comments: