Saturday, November 13, 2021

November 11 Forgotten Photos!

From Tuesday:  Oops! I just remembered I had taken a few snapshots of the little kids at Roselle Park. We had briefly stopped there on the way to my house Tuesday morning. We were driving by the park (it is on Grand River Drive ... an alternate route I use to drive to my house--it's a prettier drive by far) and Erin shouted: "I've been to this park!" I decided to pull into the parking lot and see if any of the three kids would want to play for a little bit. Erin was the only one who opted to get out of the car and play ... well ... Aidan pretended NOT to want to come, but he eventually came out to play as well. Brendan was in the middle of reading a good book and would not be enticed away from it ...

There really isn't much of a playground here ... but what they HAVE, is interesting and fun! Erin loves to climb and is quite fearless of heights ...

She made it to the top all by herself, but thankfully was hesitant to STAND up there, so she sat instead.
I helped her get down because climbing down is much more difficult than climbing up! She ran right over to the next big rock and climbed it too.

Roselle Park has two very tall silos that Emma and I and Kaity have taken the stairway up, up, up to the top ... only to find the lookout door LOCKED, making it impossible to go out to the upper deck and get pictures. Today, however, the door at the bottom of the silo was also locked. So ... we did NOT climb all of those 80+ stairs to the top.
I had parked the car within a short distance of where Erin and I were playing so that I could see Aidan and Brendan inside the car. Aidan was making "moves" to exit the car by opening and closing the door--he was teasing me--Yes! He was. He KNEW I wanted to play with him, but he was stubbornly insisting that he was NOT interested in playing! But then he just couldn't help himself ... and out he came!

He "slid" down this log quite a few times until I TOLD him that it was a LOG and NOT a SLIDE! Silly kiddo! He responded that it was a "log slide" and then cracked himself up once he said it. He kills me.


Aidan and Erin climbed on this rope apparatus for awhile. Erin going up like a little monkey, and Aidan taking one rope UP and deciding it was quite high enough for him ... however would he get down (he asked me this) ... ??


I left him to his own devices seeing that he was NOT high up ... he figured it out quite nicely on his own.


I love this picture of darling Erin ... she is something else ... look at her happy little face.

These two should count their lucky stars that their grandma doesn't kidnap them and never bring them back to their house! 


No comments: