Friday, November 19, 2021

November 18 Four grandchildren today!

Thursday:  I sure am glad I have nice toys and good library books for the children to enjoy each week. We do a LOT of reading around here--Brendan especially. I love to watch him crack up with a book or sit and ponder information he is learning about. We didn't turn on any technology today--not for one single minute! Yes!

This little imp of a girl was all decked out in her "pwetty pawple dwess" today. Isn't she darling?
Aidan was WILD today ... but not out of control at least ... and he sure had a good time playing.
Erin decided that my little hamster (Harry) needed a mother and designated "Snuggles" for that purpose. They DO kind of resemble each other! She was so pleased about it.
We used mybedroom for some train playing today ... it was a little bit crowded, but it was okay.
Brendan really really likes our newest puppet, "Oscar", who somehow ended up with the nickname "Chuck" this week ... so ... anyway Brendan likes to pretend all kinds of stuff with him and I just love to watch his imagination and his joy when he is doing this ...


We let Aidan have the rails to himself ... he was entirely bossy, so we went to read and left him to his own devices. He was extremely happy to play alone for awhile.

Aidan! Are you ever going to get a haircut? Perhaps just a few inches?!?!? I cannot see your darling face!
We sat around and did some art stuff for a little while today, not quite as long as usual though.

Here is Aidan pretending to be Lady Liberty. He is standing on Belle's scratching post ...

Erin copied Aidan's pose ...
FINALLY ... 4 o'clock arrived and with it ... KAITY! The kids were SO excited to see her. They played for a solid 90 minutes--mostly chasing each other around, blowing up balloons, etc. but it was all good.



Kaity is very much loved by her cousins. Kelly tells me that Erin will now and then say: "I willy willy wuv my cousin Kaity, mom!"


We drove the three cousins back to their house and played there with them for close to an hour. We brought Oscar along with us to drive the car, which cracked the kids up completely. Don't worry! I just had Oscar on my right hand and it looked as if he was driving the car. Now and then, he would make funny sounds or say weird stuff ... which kept us laughing all the way to their house.

By the time Kaity and I got back to MY house, we only had time to eat a quick meal before I returned her back to Diana. Saturday we will have more time together. I am thankful, though, that today the kids got to reconnect, even if it was just for a little while.

No comments: