Friday, November 19, 2021

November 16 Tuesday, without children

Tuesday:  Weird. That's what it was. Completely odd. I had ZERO grandchildren today ... a first Tuesday without littles for a very long time! Dylan and Kelly switched me out for Thursday this week. I was able to accomodate them, so ... today was a day to rest and accomplish a few things around my little house. Thursday, I will have Brendan, Aidan, and Erin from 11 until 4:00 and then Jesse said he would drop Kaity off to me so that the cousins could have a little play time together. 

I did a LOT of Christmas shopping Tuesday--mostly for the kids, but I picked up other stuff as well. For years now, I have wanted to celebrate Advent using an Advent wreath with candles--but I never set one up until ... this year! At my church, they have an Advent wreath and each Sunday of Advent, they read the appropriate Scripture and light the candle accordingly. This year, Emma and I will be able to share that experience together, right here at home! I got the candles and the gold candlestand at Baker Book House. I covered it with the LED wreath that I picked up at Marshall's, and then the Christ candle (the big white one in the middle), I picked up at Home Goods.


Just a few more weeks now until the holidays are upon us. I am trying to prepare ahead as much as possible--so far, so good.

No comments: