Monday, November 8, 2021

November 8 Rum Creek Nature Trail

Monday:  I did a little bit more exploring late this afternoon, trying to locate the downtown Rockford park Emma's co-worker was telling her about. I think I may have found it!

This is called the Rum Creek Nature Trail and it is directly off Monroe S. in Rockford. There is a playground that looks as though it is part of a school to the left (which might be Pachyderm Park--but I didn't walk over to the playground to actually see the name), and then there is this historic building that this trail runs behind. It's not a very long trail actually! It IS pretty and I suppose it was even prettier about two weeks ago ... I like the creek very much.
There are lots and lots of brambles about, which made it difficult to get a decent picture of this cute little bridge ...


I love little bubby, windy creeks so much ... very pretty little place!
There is ONE more park I need to check out this week on 10 Mile on the opposite side of Northland. I saw pictures of it on-line--the trees look amazing ... I wonder if there is a creek running through it as well?

No comments: