Tuesday, November 30, 2021

November 30 Snow at Luton Park

Tuesday:  Dylan and Kelly needed to switch Tuesday out for Friday this week ... so I was without grandchildren today. It had been snowing before I went to bed last night, and when I woke up this morning, we'd had another inch or so fall ... wet and heavy, etching the tree branches, clumping on the evergreens. I debated with myself ... should I go for a walk this morning? But it looked SO cold outside!

I began arguing with myself at about 7:45. The sky was a beautiful pale purple-y orange from the sunrise, the snow was magical ... but it looked SO cold! I SHOULD have gone at 7:45 when the skies were clear and there was a chance for some nice shadows and really good light to do photography ... but I stalled until about 9:15 and then I just couldn't help myself--I HAD to take my camera and drive back to Luton Park and do a little bit of exploring.

I like a LOT of these pictures ... but I will surely come throughout the winter to try to catch the perfect sky and lighting ...

I love Michigan. I love winter. I hate cold.
I would not trade living in Michigan for anything whatsoever. Florida is beautiful and the sun almost always shines there ... better yet, it is WARM most of the time! But still ... this morning was magical out in the woods ...








I walked further today than I did two weeks ago and found another bridge crossing Rum Creek. It will take me a very long time to explore all of the trails out here--they boast something like 8.5 miles of trails.




That's all for now on this last day of November. Only God could create this ... I love it so much and thank Him for all of it.
 

No comments: