Friday, November 26, 2021

November 25 A very FUN Thanksgiving

Thursday:  My morning was spent cooking the turkey that I had "prepped" the night before with all kinds of yummy spices and a LOT of butter. I have zero pictures of it, but it was pretty as it came out of the oven all brown and smelling like heaven. However, if there were gold medals given for THE WORST turkey carver in the universe, it would be NO contest--I would have the medal. I butchered that poor bird to pieces. Thankfully, it tasted marvelous and the gravy was a nice dark brown. I prepared stuffing too (just the Stove Top variety with lots and lots of cooked onion, celery and spices mixed in). 

I went to Jesse's at 1:30 to share some dinner with him. He was heating up some roast beef, potatoes and veggies. I ate a little bit of that meal with him, as well as Rob (his lifetime friend) and Kaity-Girl. After we ate, I drove with Kaity back here to load up the three crockpots (turkey, stuffing and gravy) to bring over to Dylan and Kelly's.

"Chuck", Paco, Sara and Blueberry stayed out in the car and had their own turkey dinner. Kaity cracked up as she set them all up in my car ...

Over at Dylan and Kelly's it was a bit of a zoo ... but we had so much fun. First off, Kelly hosted such yummy food. I only brought the crockpots of turkey, stuffing and gravy because Kelly's feast did not include those particular foods. I ate until I could not swallow another bite!

THEN the children and I went downstairs in the playroom to ... play. It began as a ball game, kind of, with the children pelting Mr. Penguin with a soft ball on the stairway and watching him fall down, down, down.

But dear Erin kept rescuing Mr. Penguin (it is HERS, afterall--a special gift from Uncle Shane) ...
Look at her trying to protect her dear penguin ...
Here is little Cal ... cutest 1.5 year-old in the world ...
Erin finally managed to completely rescue Mr. Penguin!
Little Cal got in on all of the action ...












At some point, the "ball" game ended and a very intense wrestling match ensued. It was everyone against ... you guessed it ... Grandma Carol! Yikes. Thankfully I did not get my teeth knocked out and no ribs were broken during the prolonged scuffle! I really am TOO OLD for this kind of playing, but these kiddos are so much fun. At one point, there were four kiddos bouncing off my very exhausted body and I had to plead for mercy. Erin right away threw herself in my arms asking if I was OK. Her little heart is so full of compassion! Aidan decided I would make an excellent horse and jumped on for a ride. Oh well. I DO make a fairly good horse.

Here are Kaity and Cal ... I love this of them.

And these two munchkins ... they were pretty worn out by the time I left. Hopefully they slept soundly. Poor Dylan and Kelly need to get a decent night's sleep now and then!
I love you guys!

I returned home and spent some good time with Emma, who excluded herself from today's activities. Her choice, and she seemed happy with it. Much to be thankful for this year. So much.

No comments: