Wednesday, November 3, 2021

November 2 An Excellent Tuesday

Tuesday:  We did a LOT of stuff today. Yesterday, I was looking through my various art boxes and found a bunch of stuff that I haven't shown to these guys yet. Sometimes I am just SO stingy ... I mean, a lot of these supplies I have had (no lie) for more than 20+ years! 

Yes ... it is a hassle to get some of it out and get it all set up on the table ... especially since today we used stamp pads (which can be a real mess). I have a lot of stamp colors, but I decided to stick with THREE blue ones--that way all three kiddos would have the same color and wouldn't be mixing colors. I have some pretty light pinks and yellows--but if you stamp into a black ink pad and don't clean off your stamp and use it in the YELLOW ink pad ... it kind of wrecks the yellow ink. I would have preferred to give them three BLACK stamp pads, but I only had one black. I'm going to have to purchase more, I think. This little activity was a real hit with these guys and I know they will want to play with them in the future. They have no idea how many pretty colors of ink I actually have. The idea, though, is to stamp your figure and then color it in yourself--which is what we did.
The little kids played with magnets and LEGOs a lot today. Aidan made a really tall house from our magnets and then filled the rooms up with LEGO figures ...
Brendan was a bit pensive today ... but always, always sweet. He is a good builder. He folded that paper airplane after using some of my "fancy" scissors and he decorated it with stamped animals. It flew very well around the house--crashing into walls, etc. But if we'd had a bigger room to fly it in, it would really have gone far.
Here is Aidan's giant house ...






Brendan spent a good deal of time looking through the most recent LEGO catalog ...

We also played with stencils quite a bit today. Aidan found them absolutely thrilling ... he kills me.

Brendan liked them too -- he has seen these in prior years, but has not played with them for a very long time.
Brendan really enjoys drawing.


We drove back to the kids' house by about 6PM and were treated to Jet's pizza--yum! Dylan organized a soccer game in the front room and kept the kiddos physically active for about 30 minutes after dinner.
Little Cal joined in the fun too ...


Kelly put Erin's hair in a pony ... look at her darling little smile ...

Love the sunglasses, Erin!

Look at Cal's facial expression ... he and Aidan play really well together. 

 It was a super happy Tuesday for me. I am so thankful to be a grandma. I love being with my grandchildren so much.

No comments: