Monday, November 29, 2021

November 26 Preparation for our tree

Friday:  I felt very strongly that it was important to get our tree up today ... not totally decorated, but at least together, in place, and lit. I could not have done this without help from Emma. She has helped me the last couple of years and I am really thankful she has. I snapped a few pictures along the way and will post them ... just because!

The shelf that was next to the couch got moved to the corner that was piled with toy bins. The toy bins got moved elsewhere. You should see this place! EVERY corner is filled to the max! 
At the same time that we were preparing the room for our tree, Emma was getting ready for our tiny birthday party on Saturday for Chris. She purchased a gaming chair for him months ago and here she is wrapping it in beautiful paper. Chris's favorite color is RED.
Beautiful, Emma!

Making memories is pretty important ... especially when past memories are less than happy. I WILL remember this night as one of working together with my Emma, enjoying her company and help, listening to Christmas carols quietly playing in the background ... thank you, Lord, for this night.


I will work on decorating the tree tomorrow. I am making more origami ornament frames for the children's pictures this year. I'll post more about that later.

Emma and I also went out shopping in the afternoon. We drove over to Kohls to see if there were any pretty blouses that would go with the satin skirt Emma got weeks ago. We found a really lovely pink blouse--super feminine. Emma also found a really nice skirt and matching jacket, so our shopping trip was a success. Yes!

No comments: