Monday, November 29, 2021

November 28 Meet Giles

Sunday morning:  Emma and I have been volunteering in the 3's during 2nd service for three months now. I don't take pictures of the little children who are in our class because I don't have permission to do that. We had 15 children this morning. Let me see how many names I can remember: Ella, Faith, Mae, Amelia, Everett, Clark, Joshua, Charlie, Priya, Joya, Yona ... hmmm ... the other four I cannot recount!

One of the volunteer helpers is this fellow here (below). His name is Giles and he just turned 13. I love this kid. He sticks to me like glue all throughout our time with the kids. He is good with children, but lately he has been "off" his ADD medication and ... whew ... he really really NEEDS it. His dad is 73 years old. I am unsure of his mom's age--but he is not adopted. He is a biological child. I have never seen his father, but I have met his mom and I would guess she is somewhere near 50. Giles is short for his age, loves to play with all of the children's toys (I do too). He built this car garage (which housed 22 Matchbox cars) before most of the kids arrived, knowing full well that it would be DESTROYED. As he was building it, he was explaining how everthing MUST be symmetrical. He is quite OCD, not to be overly "labeling" of this sweet individual. 




Anyway, Giles permitted my photographs of his garage design. I told him I wished to show my grandson, Aidan, so that he could built this at my house.

Our Bible story today was about Elisha being helped by friends when he had no place to live. The children all did really well today ... but we were without most of our rambunctious kids: Silas, Aliyah, and Levi. It's good to volunteer with these kiddos. There are two other young volunteers--sisters by the name of Tessa (15) and Audrey (13). I am growing to love these girls as well. They are wonderful with the kids and so much fun to be with. Emma likes them too. She has a growing intolerance of Giles--but I think that is more because he is almost "out of control" without his medication and she finds him obnoxious. I understand. No matter ... Giles has found a special place in my heart.

No comments: