Friday, November 26, 2021

November 24 Just another Tuesday

Tuesday:  I prepared myself for today being a little bit more difficult with these kiddos ... more specifically, Aidan -- because they had just been here on Thursday with Kaity and I knew they would be expecting her again, even though I told them ahead of time she could not come. Aidan was hugely disappointed ... so was Erin, but she seems better able to handle disappointment than her brother. 

We played a little while with our construction site, which worked really well for awhile ... 
... until Aidan was basically carrying "rocks" all over the house and spilling them everywhere. We put the container away, which illicited the longest meltdown I have ever experienced with Aidan (regrettably). Sigh. After a full 30 minutes of tears and loud protests, he did finally recover.
THIS. THIS right here (below) is AIDAN PAUL in all of his hilarity ... oh my.
We played a bunch of fun games and did art for awhile today. I am SO thankful these guys like drawing and making things. 

We also watched "The Secret of Nimh" in the late afternoon, just to give us (me) a little break. We returned to their house near 6pm and enjoyed pizza with the family. I didn't stay to help tuck the littles in tonight. I was too tired! I am, though, truly thankful for these little grandchildren. 
 

No comments: