Wednesday, November 10, 2021

November 9 with Tuesday's kids

Tuesday:  There was no pre-school for the little kids today--teacher's training or some such thing. SO, everyone was ready all at the same time and same place to come over to grandma's house today.

I dug through my art cupboard last night and once again I found things the children hadn't played with before. I laid a bunch of "goods" out on our table to see how many interested little people would participate. Erin did right away ...
I had also gone to the library Monday to pick up some fresh books for these guys to enjoy. Brendan immediately picked up a super interesting and fun book: "Don't Blink!" He read the entire book out loud, two times in a row and laughed and laughed ... music to my ears.

Pretty soon everybody joined in at the art table. Aidan once again was driven to "make a book" and nearly used up an entire roll of Scotch tape putting random pages together. I finally took the tape away and substituted a glue stick and helped him use it so as not to get glue in his hair, etc. He was okay with me helping, as long as HE was directing every minute aspect ...
Erin enjoyed peeling stickers and placing them on various papers. These are puffy stickers that are at LEAST 10 years old. She thought they were they greatest.
Erin, by the way, is the sweetest little thing ... I can barely contain myself when she is explaining something to me ... she is quite articulate and very interesting to listen to.
We filled up a very busy six hours with art, Legos (we also watched the Lego2 movie while munching popcorn), magnet building and lots and lots of reading. 
Late on at their house, Dylan and Kelly treated us to Chinese via PJ Changs--YUM. I stayed and played for a little while, even helping to tuck little ones in. I returned home by 8PM to pick up the toys and wash dishes. It was a GOOD day. I was so tired I couldn't even READ myself to sleep tonight!

No comments: