Saturday, September 10, 2022

September 10 Kaity-Girl

Saturday Evening:  Kaity was at Olivet College most of today watching the second home football game of their season. Chris is on the team via scholarship! Olivet won both the first and the second games--so ... YAY! 

Diana messaged me that they were back in GR at about 6:30 pm. I was just leaving the house for my daily walk (!!), so I told Diana I would text her when I returned from walking. Long story short--I picked Kaity up by about 7:45 and took her to Culver's for an ice cream treat. I got to say "Hi" to Matt, who was out mowing the lawn. I asked him if I could bring him home a carton of Culver's ice cream, but he declined. He showed me the results of his workouts (bigger muscles) and we talked just awhile. So good to see him. 

I brought a few games with me in my bag so that we could stretch our time together. I had several games to choose from and Kaity chose the dinosaur matching game--the hardest one EVER. 

BUT I did manage to TIE the first two games and then Kaity beat the socks off me on the third game.

Kaity's memory is very sharp ... mine ??  ... not so much! But these games are good for me to play anyway.
Kaity's dessert started out as one of those huge waffle cones, but everything was melting like crazy, so we got a dish and spoon for her to finish it off ...
We had a lot of fun together tonight. Thankful I was able to see this dear granddaughter, even if it was just briefly tonight. 

As I was dropping Kaity back to her mom, Chris was in the driveway--Ella was driving out and Chris was getting ready to drive back to Olivet. Chris gave me such a nice big hug--it was wonderful. I don't get many hugs anymore from anyone ... so I really appreciated it. He sounded good. Tomorrow, his team travels to Indiana ... or is it Illinois ... to play a game. He will go on one of those cushy tour buses. It sure was nice to see him.

There was a FULL harvest moon tonight. I did NOT have my camera, only my phone--but I snapped a few pictures anyway ... couldn't resist it.

This first picture was taken off of Cannonsburg ...

This photo was taken behind Panera Bread (off Northland) overlooking Versluis Lake.
Perhaps tomorrow night I will grab my camera and give it another try.


No comments: