Thursday, September 8, 2022

September 6 A Labor Day walk

Monday:  I couldn't decide where to walk today--should I jump in my car and drive over to the White Pine Trail and do a little exploring on it? Or ... perhaps just stay close and walk on Cannonsburg toward the Beltline over by the new condos ... or should I just within the park?

Maybe if I walked far enough up Cannonsburg I could cut over through the condo development and get close to the Grand River and take some pretty pictures there ... however, I never made it that far. It had been overcast for three days in a row--looking like it might rain at any second (but not doing so), so I didn't bother to take any rain gear along with me. I found these unusual looking "plants" as I walked near the edge of a wooded area. I think they are very cool looking and haven't the faintest idea what on earth they actually ARE.

On the south side of Cannonsburg, not far from the park is a small pond (private)--I think the people who own the little greenhouse business own this land as well. This is as close as I could get to it.
I thought the reflections were pretty ...

I got as far as the condos before it started to sprinkle. It was very light rain, so I continued walking further until it became apparent that it was not going to stop. I turned around and walked back home. Not much else happened on my walk--I protected my camera from the rain and made it safely back inside. The rain never got heavy or anything, but it was less than optimal walking weather. I did manage to log in 2.3 miles though!


No comments: