Sunday, September 4, 2022

September 3 Beauty

Saturday:  I've tried to keep up my "walking routine" this week ... and I guess I have been successful, although I intended to walk many more miles than I did LAST week; but ... when I add up the numbers that my phone so faithfully supplies, I end up with 10.62 miles. Sigh. I truly thought I could increase my miles to at least 12! Perhaps part of the problem is that I've taken my camera along almost every day that I've walked ...

But how else could I take pictures of the BEAUTY all around me? God is SO amazing with all He has created. I can't even pretend that I don't LOVE flowers. I could take pictures of them for hours! They never fuss or roll their eyes at me!
I do love this deep pink, a color I NEVER EVER wear, and for good reason! Orange hair and pink clothing just clash too much.


And here are a few more of this darling little barn on the other side of Chauncey from Leisure Village ...
... I wonder if they are believers?
And isn't this woods SO delicious? I truly love trees SO much.
And these darling flowers peaking out from under this cool plant!
This is what they look like from underneath ... I can't decide which is prettier!

 Oh! Also ... as I was sitting at my desk reading this morning--my front door was open--I heard two women chatting about my rocks and asking themselves questions like: "I wonder if she uses acrylics?" "How does she seal the paint?" Questions like that. So ... I MADE MYSELF go outside and introduce myself. I've never met these two ladies before and they live right here in the park. The younger of the two is LINDA--she asked most of the questions. The elderly lady (who honestly looked 180 years old, but was very sharp minded)--I've forgotten her name, regrettably. We talked for probably 15 minutes--mostly about how kind and wonderful the Lord is! They asked how I began painting rocks, so I told them the story about Palm Sunday and the rocks crying out--a story they seemed familiar with. It was so nice to meet them! Linda asked if I would paint a rock for her daughter's birthday. She said she would bring a rock from her garden and then tell me what she would like painted on it. I let her know that I am just a rookie at this rock painting thing and that it takes me a LONG time to complete one. She seemed happy just to have me agree to paint one ... so I will!

No comments: