Sunday, September 25, 2022

September 24 Kicking a bottle

Saturday:  I spent a few hours with Kaity Saturday afternoon/evening ... it was a challenging time for us because there wasn't really anything Kaity wanted to do--she said "NO!" to games, art, taking a walk, playing with stuffed animals, studying her Awana verse, dolls ... and finally she talked me into watching "The Secret Life of Pets" which we did enjoy. We ate a meal of our usual hotdogs, nothing unusual about that. Kaity did not have her phone with her today--perhaps that's why she was so lifeless--I'm just not sure.

Finally, near 7:00 she agreed to take a walk in the neighborhood--so we did! It was the best part of our time together! I love walking with Kaity. She is so much fun outside. She helped me get my "mile" in today and I am glad she did!
We found a discarded empty plastic water bottle laying on the side of the road and decided to play a game with it. It's amazing what kind of games you can make up out of nowhere ... but we decided to see which of us could kick the bottle STRAIGHT and keep it in between the two yellow lines that divide the road--this was over on Chauncey, where the traffic is next to nothing.
Kaity won our game: 7 to 1! She has a very accurate KICK! We had so much fun outside tonight and I am so thankful we decided to do this. 
 

No comments: