Saturday, September 17, 2022

September 16 Friday's walk

Friday:  I truly did NOT want to walk today--I just didn't want to!!! So I compromised and took a half walk of 1.4 miles. I snapped a few pictures just to keep it interesting.

There are a row of these beautiful flowers lining the driveway of a house on Chickadee, the street you enter our village from Cannonsburg. They bloom for a few weeks and then ... no more! They are very intricate and lovely even when they are closed up!

Since I usually walk in front of houses (i.e. on the street), I decided to cut in between two of the houses (ones with no side windows) and just walk the back of the property line. Wow. What a nice view these folks have! And we all pay the very same price for our lots!!! I would cry "UNFAIR!!!" but that would be stupid--no one forced me to purchase this very little house on this dinky little lot with kind of a zero view, right? These people, though ... have a really lovely view. Some of them have nice house-length open back porches and it is obvious they spend a lot of time out here.
I walked all along this edge of corn so as not to be creepy being too near private homes ...


I got a lot of joy out of walking back here. Behind several of the homes, near the corn line, people had dropped open corn for the deer (unless the deer did this themselves, which I doubt because they would have eaten the corn). I bet they have so much fun watching the deer back here.

When it gets colder and I am wearing layers, I'll do more exploring ... I don't want my skin exposed to insects, etc. If I walk further along, this area abuts into a wooded area that would be fun to look at too. I was only out and about for 30 minutes tonight, but I'm glad I made myself get off my comfortable desk chair and breathe the air for a little while.

PS. My father died 32 years ago today ten weeks after he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma (cancer of blood and bone). That's a lot of years ago. He was barely 60. It feels weird to have outlived his lifespan by 9 years already. 
 

No comments: