Friday, September 2, 2022

September 1 Jesus, Strong and Kind

Thursday:  I had such a nice few hours with Kaity today; a truly HAPPY time. We painted butterflies (folding technique) and then walked over to my neighbor's house (Gloria, the flower lady) because Kaity asked if we could pick some of her weeds. Ah ... a girl after my own heart! So we DID. We picked an entire bucket of weeds and had such fun! Also, the art project was totally Gloria's doing--she supplied the cut-out butterflies and the cool paint brushes too. Here are some pictures of our finished work:



Here is Kaity, green gloves and all, weeding in Gloria's garden:



Kaity was a bit "bothered" by the tall grasses brushing against her bare skin, but she wasn't at all shy about getting black dirt from head to toe! I had to really watch where she was flinging it around! The picture above, she has managed to get something in her eye (probably dirt) ... she isn't crying--she is actually laughing about it. When we had finished filling our bucket with weeds, we knocked on Gloria's door to show her our butterflies. Kaity had never met Gloria (born and raised in Texas with a very strong southern accent) but I think they liked each other! Gloria showed us her enclosed side porch where she does a lot of her flower projects.

On the drive to take home Kaity to Jesse, I was playing a somewhat "new" song that I've come to love. It's titled: "Jesus, Strong and Kind." Here are the lyrics:

JESUS, STRONG AND KIND


Jesus said that if I thirst

I should come to Him

No one else can satisfy

I should come to Him


Jesus said, if I am weak

I should come to Him

No one else can be my strength

I should come to Him


Refrain

For the Lord is good and faithful

He will keep us day and night

We can always run to Jesus

Jesus, strong and kind


Jesus said that if I fear

I should come to Him

No one else can be my shield

I should come to Him


(Repeat Refrain)


Jesus said, if I am lost

He will come to me

And He showed me on that cross

He will come to me


(Repeat Refrain x2)


Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Colin Buchanan / Michael Farren / Rich Thompson / Jonny Robinson

Jesus, Strong and Kind lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Pty. Ltd., Farren Love And War Publishing, Integrity's Alleluia! Music, CityAlight Music


I played the song twice--it has a very simple melody (a very pretty one) and the words are not difficult. By the time I had re-started the song, Kaity already was singing along in her sweet voice and my heart prayed that she truly would know how much Jesus loves her, that NO ONE else will ever satisfy, that Jesus would some day be her everything--her Lord and her Savior. I loved hearing her dear voice singing these wonderful words.


You certainly ARE strong and kind, Jesus!

No comments: