Thursday, September 8, 2022

September 7 Gloria's gorgeous garden (again)

Wednesday:  I walked over to Gloria's this evening to return her CD player and audio book she loaned out to me. The story was too sad (!) for me to finish listening to ... just too many "triggers" to trauma for me, I guess. I told Gloria that it would be easier to READ the story rather than HEAR it acted out ... and would'n't you know? Gloria HAD THE BOOK as well ... so I guess I am going to finish out the story one way or the other! It isn't that I am not interested and I really WOULD like to know how it ends, but it was a little bit overwhelming to listen to. Gloria was very kind about all of that and then invited me to take more pictures of her lovely gardens, which I very gladly did!

This amazing purple plant was just purchased today! Gloria says it is regrettably an annual, but she just could not resist it! I don't blame her one bit.


This is the front window of Rick and Gloria's home. I love this window box.
And THIS flower is way up high on my favorite flower list: DAHLIA are just SO happy, aren't they?



They are soft and elusive and etched about with such delicacy ... and look at this baby dahlia?

This is the side yard and the gardens all along it ...



I haven't the slightest idea what on earth this light pink flower is ... but I am totally in love with it. I love the purple flower too--it is one of my favorites.


This is one of the little sheds behind the house. Kaity and I weeded right in front of this a week ago.
This is the back of the main shed ...
This is the rear part of the house ... isn't it magical? 


There is a berm out behind their house kind of in the middle of a bunch of neighbor houses. Rick and Gloria take care of this entire garden as well. 


I forget the name of this flower (below) but I especially love it.



What IS this flower? It is in a hanging basket under the carport. Beautiful color!

I walked a mile afterwards, without taking a single picture or seeing any deer! I did listen to beautiful music as I walked and my heart that was deeply sad (a private matter) was comforted.

No comments: