Sunday, December 11, 2022

December 10 Unicorns for Erin

Saturday:  I shopped for and found the perfect TOTE to house the Christmas present I bought for Erin. When I was at Sam's Club the other day I saw a very long and narrow package containing an entire unicorn family--TEN of them in various sizes, colors and detail. The hair is comb-able! Their heads move. Their wings open and close! PLUS, there was a bunch of cute accessories: hair brushes, combs, hair ribbons, a blow dryer (that does not require batteries) ... anyway, I couldn't find the price anywhere on any of the boxes on display. FRUSTRATING!! I had to climb on the shelving to find a small sign that said $22. I felt that this could not possibly be the correct price and walked away--I almost gave up! But as I went down the aisle, I could just see in my mind how Erin would love to play with these and how much fun she would have; so I went back and threw the box in my cart. I figured I would just ask the price up at the check-out. I was so happy to find that $22 WAS the price. I have also purchased for Erin a Jasmine doll (super cute) for $20. 

When I got the box home, I started looking carefully at what was inside. There was a LOT of small parts. Erin would lose them! She hates it when she loses things. She will say: "Gwamma--I WOST it" and make the saddest faces. But what if I was able to get a small TOTE in which to store all of her unicorn things? I found just the right one at Meijer this week for $8! When you add up the 22 + 20 + 8 it equals the $50 I allot for each grandchild for Christmas--yay!

I decided to get my paints out and decorate the tote to make it a little more special. I asked Kaitlyn if she wanted to make a little message for Erin on the inside. This is what she wrote: "I love Erin--KT."

I went on-line and googled "cartoon pictures of unicorns", picked a few I liked, enlarged them and printed them on my printer, taped the picture to the inside of the tote and basically traced the picture with paint on the outside. It worked pretty good!

Here are all of the unicorns--aren't they SO cute?

Anyway, I sure had fun painting and getting this ready for my sweet little Erin. Grandchildren are such a blessing.
 

No comments: