Wednesday, December 14, 2022

December 11 "One Christmas Eve"

Sunday Afternoon:  I attended the very last performance of the Christmas program put on by Calvary's choir, orchestra, and drama team. The production was called, "One Christmas Eve." I met two friends from Bible study, Helen and Margaret--who had front row seats! We sat right next to the orchestra and had an excellent view of ... EVERYTHING.

This was the 4:00 performance, and it was packed out. I'm glad I decided to go. I don't go every single year--but that's for complicated reasons. Anyway, the production was mainly choir and orchestra with a "story" thrown into the mix. 
I wasn't terribly impressed by the story line--mainly because it was unoriginal and ... I don't know ... a little bit "corny." I don't mean to be critical--and I certainly don't feel MEAN about it--it's just that I've been to other Calvary productions where the story was much more meaningful and better developed. Having said that, the entire "show" was very nicely put together, as it always is at Calvary.
There were many soloists and lots and lots of singing--very festive.

It's no longer hurtful for me to watch the choir perform. I no longer go back 25 years (or more) to when I was a part of the choir--I really loved singing in the choir--but those days are long over for me. Don't worry: I have a very expendable "voice" and only dare sing in public when accompanied by a minimum of 100 other voices! 

I'm sure this program was a blessing to many families. I was just happy to be there with Helen and Margaret.

No comments: