Monday, December 12, 2022

December 10 with KT

Saturday:  I asked Kaity if she would like to go over to Meijer Gardens this afternoon to check out the Christmas lights and all of the international decorated trees, thinking perhaps she might! But ... she turned me down without even a second consideration. SO ... no use forcing a trip for her that she doesn't want to take, right?

Instead, I ran two errands with her which she seemed to immensely enjoy. First, we went over to Sam's Club to pick up a book I had seen but hadn't purchased yet for Brendan for Christmas. It was exactly where I last saw it--whew--I was super glad they had not sold out. While we were there I happened upon a TIN of buttery sugar cookies that I have always, always loved! Years ago, I could find them at Meijer (in a smaller tin) and I bought them every single year. For the last 4-5 years, though, I haven't seen them at Meijer. I was so excited to be able to enjoy these yummy cookies now through the Christmas season!

I LOVE this tin! It's quite large actually. And ALL of these nice cookies too for a mere $12.95!
From Sam's Club, we drove over to Michael's to see if I could find a sealer for Erin's painted tote. When you use water-based acrylic paint, you HAVE to seal it to whatever surface you have painted it on--otherwise, the paint will just chip off. Kaity and I went inside Michael's and walked all around the store--5x at least looking for sale's help. There was ZERO! The only three staff in the store were manning the check-outs. Michael's is quite a large store to only have three people working on a Saturday evening two weeks prior to Christmas--so I voiced my frustration to the poor check-out gentleman, who was very accommodating and apologetic. He said they just can't get anyone to apply for a job or actually show up to work! Yikes. Anyway, we finally located the spray sealer and then drove home to eat dinner.

Emma dressed our cutie-cat Belle-Belle in her winter sweater ...


Kaity kept sneaking to the refrigerator and grabbing a fudge striped cookie to snack on--we'd had a very nice spaghetti and meatball dinner already--but that's okay. Kaity ate a good amount of spaghetti and just wanted a little extra dessert ... like constantly.


Kaity wrote a little message to Erin on the inside of her unicorn tote cover--I think Erin will like this very much. Thank you Kaity!
Kaity and Emma spent some time together in Emma's room, allowing me to clean up dinner and other household chores; and before we knew it, it was nearing 8:00 and time for Kaity to return to Jesse. I'm so glad Kaity still wants to come over and hang out with this old grannie!

No comments: