Friday, December 30, 2022

December 29 Kaitlynn

Thursday:  I messaged Jesse today and asked if I should pick Kaity up ... or not. She has been a tiny bit difficult lately ... well ... not difficult; just NOT interested in doing anything once she is here. Almost like she would rather be somewhere else. I don't want to assume Kaity wants to come over just because I am her grandma (how uppity would that be?). Jesse told me that he really needed me to take Kaity this afternoon because he wasn't feeling well. Interestingly, he is getting closer to a diagnosis and possible treatment (which is encouraging) ... but that's for another post ... another day.

I prayed and asked the Lord to help me accommodate Kaity today in whatever way was reasonable. She came over and mostly stayed on her phone--but she wasn't snarky one bit. She was softer and kinder today than she was last week. I don't think my grandkids realize that I have feelings ... and sometimes my heart hurts when they are so cold and distant ... or sarcastic ... or unkind. Anyway--I'm a big girl and shouldn't be self-focused anyway!

As Kaity was busy on her phone, I did small tasks around the house and we chatted here and there. It was casual and comfortable and I wasn't offended one single bit by Kaity NOT playing with me. She ate a nice meal with me, we laughed about a few things, and just enjoyed a few quiet hours.

On our ride home to her mom's, I played the beautiful music that Kaity enjoys and listened to her sweet voice as she sang along. "His Mercy is More" is one of Kaity's favorites. Here are the lyrics:

"What love could remember no wrongs we have doneOmniscient, all knowing, He counts not their sumThrown into a sea without bottom or shoreOur sins they are many, His mercy is more
What patience would wait as we constantly roamWhat Father, so tender, is calling us homeHe welcomes the weakest, the vilest, the poorOur sins they are many, His mercy is more
Praise the Lord, His mercy is moreStronger than darkness, new every mornOur sins they are many, His mercy is more
Praise the Lord, His mercy is moreStronger than darkness, new every mornOur sins they are many, His mercy is more
What riches of kindness He lavished on usHis blood was the payment, His life was the costWe stood 'neath a debt we could never affordOur sins they are many, His mercy is more
Praise the Lord, His mercy is moreStronger than darkness, new every mornOur sins they are many, His mercy is more
Praise the Lord, His mercy is moreStronger than darkness, new every mornOur sins they are many, His mercy is moreOur sins they are many, His mercy is mоre"
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Matt Boswell / Matt Papa
There are such great lines in this song ... it's SO powerful to think about the Lord NOT adding up our sins; but instead, throwing all of them into a bottomless sea. Our sins are SO many, but His mercy is MORE. What a relief that is!
As we sang these words together, I got chills ... because God sent such comfort to my heart for dear Kaity. I have prayed that Kaity would come to saving faith in Jesus as her Savior and Lord. I believe that some day Kaity will understand that Jesus died for HER sins and then she will give her life to Him and seek to obey Him all her life. What a difference Jesus makes when we bow before Him.
"Praise the Lord, His mercy is more. Stronger than darkness, new every morn. Our sins they are many, His mercy is more." Thank you so much, Lord Jesus.


No comments: