Saturday, December 24, 2022

December 24 A few snow pictures

Saturday:  It's Christmas EVE ... we have been rather "snowed in" over in W. Michigan. All of our Christmas Eve services have been cancelled. We always have a beautiful candlelight service at Calvary--but not this year! Hopefully Sunday's service is still "on."  

I actually took these first two pictures last Sunday on the way home from church. This snowfall was not part of the blizzard to come ...
However, I snapped the rest of the pictures today while I was out shoveling the driveway. Super COLD.
Out here in the northeast part of Grand Rapids, we really didn't get hit too badly with the full force of the blizzard. I think we only received an additional 10" of snow--far less than what was possibly predicted out here. They got hit harder out on the coast.
I think it is VERY beautiful. I'm so glad we have a white Christmas!

This is Monty, the neighborhood fix-it person and absolute go-to when you have an emergency. We do pay him for what he does for us. Several neighbors hire him to plow their drives and mow their lawns, etc. I do not! I do, however, pay him when he helps re-light my furnace pilot and other things that I don't seem to be able to figure out how to do around here. Monty is very kind and helpful.


Thank you, Lord, for the beautiful snow ... and for the warmth and safety of my little house. I am supremely happy here and so, so blessed.

No comments: