Saturday, December 24, 2022

December 24 Gifts for Emma

Christmas Eve:  Last weekend, Chris and Ella, Matthew, and Kaity came over and opened Christmas presents. The boys just had $$ gifts, which is NO FUN at all ... but I had a few gifts Kaity opened. I told Emma that we would do her gifts this weekend. She suggested that we do it tonight--so we did.

It's difficult for me to describe these gifts, and I completely forgot to take pictures of them once they were unwrapped. Hmm. Emma first opened this ... contraption for easing back pain. She told me Chris has one and uses it--which is where she saw it and decided she would like one too. She showed me how it works and it's really ... interesting!

Emma also received some HAIR jewelry--I don't know how else to describe them. They are pretty coils that wrap into your hair, if you are talented enough to be able to figure out the process. I also ordered her some fasteners that you can use on fabric--she described them as MIDIEVAL. 
And I also got her a small padded notebook that she uses to organize her paystubs and other important papers in. Nothing very exciting! 
Since I have a set budget per grandchild--when they get old enough, they just go to Amazon and add a "Wish" list and then I am able to pick a few things from that list and at least get them a few things I know they will actually like. Much better than throwing money down the toilet on something they will never use, right? It's not an ideal set-up ... because "ideally" I would go to a store with each of them in mind and pick out something I think they would LOVE. However, MY method has failed enough in the past to where I have learned my lesson and now do it the "Wish" list way. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS, dear Emma. You mean the world to me, granddaughter. How I wish I could make every dream of yours come true. Ah ... that would be foolish of me! I thank the Lord that He has you; and that if you are willing, He will make something truly beautiful of your heart and life. He is the only One who can do that for us! Probably half of our dreams are not what He would want for us anyway! His ways are perfect. His love for us is completely undeserved ... and eternally unending. 
 

No comments: