Saturday, December 24, 2022

December 22 with Kaity

Thursday:  It's only three days until Christmas. Last weekend, Kaity and her siblings were here and we opened presents THEN ... so ... I did save out ONE gift to be kept HERE for Kaity and I to play with but I failed to take a picture of it! Let me rectify that ... with my phone.

Here it is! It is called a "Wonder Sphere." Once it is charged, you shake it and it starts up like a FAN (and sounds like one too) and lights up beautifully. The sphere can be tossed back and forth without much effort at all because it is kind of flying on air. It is made of plastic and is quite flexible. Kaity and I threw it around in here for as long as the charge lasted (10 minutes). It's really kind of cool. I plan to practice on it a little bit more before Kaity comes over next time so that we can play better with it.

Kaity spent most of her time playing games on her phone while I fussed around the house. I cooked us our usual dinner, but Kaity didn't eat much of it. It seems as though she is not quite herself this week. Holidays are tricky--especially when families are broken apart ... I suggested things we could do and Kaity wanted to see a movie on Netflix. We watched part of it, but it really wasn't all that interesting--probably because it was a Christmas movie that had nothing whatsoever to do with the true and beautiful meaning of it. How do people substitute STUFF and nonsense ... when they could have Jesus? He came just for us! Such humility and love ... incomparable GIFT. I don't need presents or glitter or fancy dinners ... I do love to GIVE gifts because it's just so much fun. Anyway ...
I finally convinced Kaity to play a few games of UNO. She won TWO games and I won ONE game--it was fun and I am glad Kaity put her phone down long enough for us to have a little bit of interaction and laughter.
I love you, dear Kaity. Please, Lord, open Kaity's eyes and heart to YOU.

No comments: