Monday, June 19, 2023

A music box and jewels

Back story: This last year, Erin has been rather interested in my "jewels" as she calls them. The first time she asked to see them, I was a little bit ... taken by surprised. Firstly, I don't HAVE any "jewels" to show her! But then ... I do have jewelry boxes and bins with "cheap" trinkets and costume jewelry--some of it even sparkles! I also have several music boxes that all of the children enjoy--because they are ALL very musical children!

Almost every week when Erin comes over to my house, she will ask to see my "jewels" now. It's super cute to watch her try on these big clunky necklaces I used to wear (hard to believe!), and to watch her little face SO fascinated with all of the colors and sizes and shapes.

WELL ... what ELSE could I get for her birthday but her very own JEWELry Box? And a musical one at that!  

Here are photos from Erin opening her gift(s) from me (and Kaity):















After the party began to wind down a bit and some of her friends were going home, we brought Erin's jewelry box outside and played with it on the back deck. I just love Erin's expressions as she watches the little unicorn spin around to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", checks out her very own "jewels" and tries everything on ... 


She was SO pleased ...



I adore this child ...

CAL!!! Look at his dear face!




Aidan got in on it too ... he couldn't help himself!

I love these little kiddos so much. How blessed it is to be their grandma!


No comments: