Saturday, June 10, 2023

June 7 Our "Mitford Tea"

Wednesday Afternoon:  Since many of us ladies in our small group from MNBS have read the Mitford Series (Jan Karon), it was suggested that we have our very own "Mitford Tea"! Julie offered to host it over at her place. I had never been to Julie's ... was I ever IN FOR A TREAT! I'm just going to roll these photos (60+) and enjoy them.

First of all, Julie's house is really really beautiful. It reminds me of a VILLA or something European--the high ceilings and columns, and open spaces ...

This is our "tea" table ... decorated and arranged by Julie.


One of the sitting rooms in her house ...


But the BIGGER treat -- I think I can speak for ALL of us -- was what was outside of Julie's house. 
The backyard slopes down and Julie has "gardened up" an enchanting and rather magical place.





When Julie and Victor moved here four years ago, this entire back yard was an overgrown nightmare! They couldn't even tell what was what back here until they started digging and weeding and cultivating ...


Rhododendrons are just about my favorite flower ... not counting Queen Anne's lace ... or daisies ... or roses ...



Our JEN brought this beautiful floral centerpiece for our tea table. Jen is a florist! She owns her own floral shop just across from John Ball Zoo! Isn't this arrangement delightful>


Everyone brought a thing or two to enjoy at the tea. Pamela brought the little tea sandwiches made from cucumbers, egg, meats, etc. Eva brought her very delicious brownies. Cindy brought a fruit plate and dip. I offered to bring "Cynthia's Lemon Bars" (there is an entire story behind this!) ... and they turned out! Margaret brought a whole bunch of yummy gluten-free treats (Tamela cannot have gluten, due to Crohn's). I forget what everyone else brought ... but you can see we had plenty to enjoy.
Starting from bottom L and circling around to the R: Bethany, Tamela, Julie, Jen, Pamela, and Margaret.
Ah! Cindy is on the far right of this picture (below) ...
This is one of the stunning sculptures in Julie's house ...



Julie has helped her three granddaughters make fairy gardens outside ... they are SO cute. She says they love to arrange and re-arrange their rocks and furniture. How fun is that?

I was able to catch just a few of this butterfly ...



I made Julie a thank you card using some of these photos ...
Isn't it amazing the variety of color, texture, shape that God has designed?






I felt like I could have stayed here for HOURS without ever getting weary of it ...
The front of the card I made for Julie:

Isn't this waterfall/pond so beautiful?









I am hoping we can do an ANNUAL Mitford tea ... maybe Julie would be willing to host us every single year! Such beauty. So thankful I have eyes to see this. God must be incredibly beautiful Himself, don't you think?

No comments: