Monday, June 5, 2023

June 3 More pictures of Lake Michigan

Saturday afternoon:  After our restroom stop at McDonald's, I drove us back to the beach, parked the car and took a hike. Kaity refused to come with me, telling me she was FROZEN. I found a nice soft blanket to wrap her up in (along with two beach towels and her thick sweatshirt) and told her she was free to relax in the car while I walked the beach.

I'm just going to run these pictures until there is something worth commenting about ...










Ah! SO ... this is when and where (below) I started my beach walk with Kaity resting in the car. The above pictures were taken while Kaity was swimming--I was just trying to document the dark sky and rain in the distance ... as well as the seagulls. I love seagulls. Some people find them a pain in the neck, but ... aren't they so pretty when they fly? And I love the sounds they make. Brendan used to be able to imitate them almost exactly.
This is the SOUTH part of the beach in Muskegon. You can walk and walk ... I wonder if you could walk unobstructed all the way to Grand Haven from here ... I'm going to have to try it sometime before I get much older (!!).



There are houses on top of these dunes ... not many of them ... but I SURE wish I lived in one of them! Not seriously, though--I love my little house so much right here in Grand Rapids. If I lived this close to the lake I would practically be good for nothing.

I walked as far as KRUSE PARK (the beach that accommodates dogs). See the fencing on the top of the ridge up there? I've taken many pictures from up on that location--it's SO beautiful from up there.



Since we had a schedule to keep today, we headed back to Grand Rapids at 4:30 and arrived back at Diana's by 5:15. We had a party to get ready for!

No comments: