Wednesday, June 7, 2023

June 6 School's out for the summer!

Tuesday:  Today was a half day of school for Brendan and Aidan--I think they have a half day tomorrow as well and then--school's out for the summer (there was an actual "pop" song by that title when I was in high school). I went over to their house to relieve Jen today at 11:00. She was home from her honeymoon. She had Joe had gone to the Ark Encounter, as well as the Creation museum, on their honeymoon. She looked very happy. It's nice to have her back!

When Brendan and Aidan got home (about 12:30), I loaded them up and drove them over here to enjoy lunch and playtime. I went to the library early last week to pick out books that might interest Brendan, and hit the jackpot with "The Complete Peanuts: 1983-84". He cracked up and kept saying it was hilarious. He also appreciated the book I got on Meerkats, as well as one titled: "The Strangest Thing in the Sea", which was so interesting, I might even order one for my own library!

The little kids played with my magnet toys for a very long time--I love these toys! They are so colorful and easy to play with.



Young Cal was interesting (as usual) ... he never fails to amaze me. He is one tough little dude. I am beginning to realize (duh) that I let him be too rough with me. I overheard Miss Jen quietly telling him that squeezing the daylights out of my neck was not polite, nor was it kind. "I want you to be kind, Cal--OK?" "O-Tay," he replied. Why it rarely occurs to me to be instructive of my grandkids baffles me. I'm almost 70 years old. You would think I could get over being overly bossed around and constrained by my parents by now. I really need to be more appropriately a grandma to this little guy. It's just that he LOVES to have a good roughing up sometimes! We just get a little carried away. 
Mr. Aidan Paul constructed this Hotwheels track and it worked really well. I thought the curve might be too sharp and thus dump all of the cars before they could complete the turn--but that only happened with the heavier vehicles. All the kiddos enjoyed playing with this.




Our four hours over here was pretty intense and 100% nonstop--but we all managed to survive.
We left here soon after 4:00 and returned to their house.  I tried to get a picture of these three in the back seat of my car, but Aidan wasn't having anything to do with that!




I took the scenic route--the windy country roads between here and there. All three of the littles fell asleep, so it was a peaceful time. We played at their house for a little while. Dylan and Kelly were home shortly after 5:30! 


No comments: