Friday, June 23, 2023

June 23 A beautiful 2-mile walk

Friday morning:  After I dropped Erin off at her dance class, I drove over to Meijer Gardens to take my morning walk. I usually just walk around the "park" where I know it is safe, etc. But I was going to be driving RIGHT BY Meijer Gardens--so I figured it would be a much prettier walk there! 

This is such a gorgeous place--in each and every season!

These first few pictures were taken in the newer "Perimeter Gardens", a perennial garden, beautifully landscaped, that will grow prettier every year.

Many of these flowers are completely UNKNOWN to me--never have seen them before in my life! Aren't they amazing? Isn't God AWESOME in His creation?
This blossom reminds me of a stunning firework--I LOVE it!


The sculpture that is in the center of the Perimeter Garden.
I was actually more interested in walking back on the boardwalk and seeing if any swans and cygnets were about ...





I only saw ONE swan, at a distance, and my zoom doesn't really allow for a good picture of an object that far away. This lovely bird was closer--but I still didn't do a good enough job capturing it. I'm struggling with what it is called--but I looked it up and found that it is a Great Egret.


There was another woman out on the boardwalk with a very impressive lens on her camera. She was watching this egret and waiting so patiently for just the right shot. When I quietly walked away and then looked back, the egret had spread its gorgeous wings and flown to a place closer to where she was. I bet she got some good pictures as it flew.




I truly love the detail the Lord put into what He designed. Endless varieties, shapes, colors, textures ... I love it so much.

After the boardwalk, I ventured into the Japanese Garden for a little stroll ...

























I walked TWO miles this morning. Yes! What a pleasant walk. I tried to remember to give thanks as I admired the beauty ... PRAISE and hallelujah to the Lord ... there is none like Him, and no one can be compared to Him in all of eternity. I surely pray that Jesus will return soon to set up His kingdom, which will never end.

No comments: