Monday, June 26, 2023

June 24 Kaity

Saturday:  Kaity and I had a "normal" Saturday schedule today. I picked her up from Jesse at 3:00, not knowing exactly what we would do together--however, I was ready for almost anything. Kaity said she really badly wanted to go swimming. Who could blame her?!? It was nearing 90 degrees when I picked her up. We decided, though, against swimming today--many factors figured into that decision.

We were on the way to my house when Kaity suggested we stop by AJ's for for go-cart fun. I was a bit dismayed since I didn't have my camera with me--but I always have my phone to use for pictures (even though I am terrible at using the camera on my phone).  We pulled into a parking lot a little beyond AJ's, I checked my wallet and found enough money to cover THREE separate tickets for the go-carts. I decided against driving all the way to my house to retrieve my camera, we turned around and drove back to AJ's. 

Here is Kaity at the wheel:




The first car she drove was #4 and it was very fast! I watched her carefully--she is a very good driver, curving in and out of "traffic" with ease.

Her second car (I believe it was #3) was S-L-O-W ... it just didn't have any get-up-and-go to it whatsoever; so that was a little bit disappointing.

Kaity's third car was super FAST! She was very pleased about this and passed everyone on the course. She was flying! The advertisements pictured on this car was from WCSG. We'll have to remember that for future outings at AJs.

After we were finished at AJs, we came over to my house. Kaity was still a bit tired from her week at camp, so she rested a bit and I cooked some dinner for us. Kaity likes the chicken and rice I make, so I got busy making that.

Interestingly, I found out during the cooking process that my oven WILL NOT HEAT. It is 36 years old, so I am not surprised. With the oven not heating, I had to do the chicken and rice a little differently; but Kaity ate it up and didn't seem to mind one bit.



While I was preparing our meal, I had Kaity experiment with the tracks and car I recently purchased but ended up NOT liking. I wanted to see how Kaity played with it and if it was as frustrating to her as it was to me. It was! I have concluded that this was a BAD purchase (especially since I bought TWO of them so as to have more track). It was described as a kid-friendly, easy-to-use, great for imaginations TOY. But when Dylan's little kiddos played with it Tuesday, it was quite the opposite! It was not easy to assemble the track, the car ZOOMS terribly fast, and it held their interest for perhaps 20 minutes. They were too little to change the track around or to control the car, etc. Kaity found the same exact problems--and she is almost ELEVEN. I think I will put the whole thing away for a rainy day ...

I was thankful for the interesting conversations Kaity and I had during our meal tonight. She told me things she had never told me before, about some of her struggles, and I was glad to hear her honesty--made me feel like I got to know her better and see a part of her I had never seen before. I love you so much, Kaity-girl. Lord, please help Kaity with these hurtful things that are in her heart. Help her know how deeply You care about her. Please, Lord, give Kaity eyes to see You and heart that receives Your love for her.


No comments: