Monday, June 5, 2023

June 3 Harper's Party

Saturday Evening:  We arrived at Harper's 8th birthday party about five minutes before 6:00 and Kaity right away ran off with Kenzie and friends to hang out.

I really didn't know anyone at the party--well, at least not very well--so I took a short walk across the road to see what I could see.
Well ... what do you know? COWS! I have seen on Youtube where a young girl stood by a field fence with cows WAY OUT in the field--and she was playing her violin (beautifully, I might add)--and the cows out in the field hurried on over to see her play! The narrative said that cows like music! I thought that since I had all of my beautiful music on my I-phone, I'd find a selection with only violins playing and see if I could draw these cows from their comfortable napping place and near the fence where I was standing.
Perhaps the volume on my phone could not be adjusted loud enough ... but the cows were completely UNphased by the music I played. But isn't this a pretty spot? The children that were jumping in the bouncy house across the street crossed over to see what I was up to ... they were interested in my experiment--but they were all SO LOUD--perhaps that deterred the cows as well.
I went inside to the party and enjoyed all of the nice food Harper's mom (Megan) had prepared. I also met a very nice woman by the name of Sarah. We had such a nice time getting acquainted. She is mom to Arianna. Below is Harper getting ready to cut her birthday cake.
After all of the eating was finished, the girls came running inside to tell me that one of the cows had walked over to the fence where I had been standing.
SO ... I went back outside with my camera and had fun taking these pictures.
Arianna is the young girl to the far left (below) in the lavender shirt. She sure is a sweet person.

This was the sweetest cow! Kaity got licked ... but she didn't exactly like it!








Arianna asked if she could snap a few pictures with my camera--I'm pretty sure these next two are ones she took.







LOVE these of Kenzie and Kaity!

No comments: