Sunday, June 11, 2023

June 10 KT at the ZOO

Saturday: Since it was a fairly cool and slightly breezy day today, Kaity and I decided it would be a good zoo afternoon! Kaity doesn't like HEAT (why?!!?!?!?!) and avoids it like the plague. 

Kaity seemed very pleased to be here today! I am glad I purchased a grandparent membership few weeks ago that covers most of my eight grandkids. Here is Kaity doing her back bend in front of the whole world (practically). She is very good at it!

We were excited to see a pygmy hippo -- but alas, one was not to be found! When Cal and I were here a little while ago, we did finally SEE the hippo (after a lot of searching) -- but he wasn't swimming or anything -- he was just standing around!
The zoo is very colorful this year!

Here is Kaity by the eagle next and fake frogs ... 
Kaity thought she might measure as tall as a kangaroo this year because she has grown SO MUCH ... but it turns out, she is only as tall as a Wallaroo!

We went into the petting zoo where Kaity fondly petted a few goats ...


... and a few sheep ... and I think she finally touched the cow (not pictured).

We went over to the "mining" area where Kaity was able to find some pretty stones.



The John Ball Zoo is a very pretty place!

And here Kaity is showing off doing the SPLITS on the bridge that crosses the waterfall ...

I love this picture of Kaity (below) ...


We were able to see ONE of the red pandas today, but we were unsure if this is Wyatt or Wasabi. Their three cubs grew up and were shipped off to a different zoo. Sadly, we never DID see the babies the year they were born.

This wisteria tunnel is up on the top end of the zoo on the way to see the tigers. It's very beautiful, but it isn't REAL. Wisteria has a heavenly smell, but this did not have any fragrance whatsoever.
The tigers were sleeping today (once again!), so they were not very thrilling. Beautiful creatures, though!
This is the new snow owl exhibit ... but the owls don't like daylight and kept to themselves.
Here are the meerkats, who were all resting ... they were not out and about. Pooh.
I forget what this beautiful animal is (below) ... some kind of African gazelle?
The lions were sleeping too! We must have come at ZOO nap time!

Here are the black swans--so beautiful!

Kaity and I had an unpleasant car incident on the way home from the zoo. We were in the fast lane, coming off the 96 onto the 131 and I was looking to merge to the right so that I could exit at W. River. Traffic was pretty heavy and traveling fast, so I "stepped on it" (like people do when they are merging) but instead of EXcelerating, I DEcelerated right down to 50 mph. People were so angry behind me! But the car would NOT accelerate. Thankfully, I was finally able to merge and exit off at W. River, put my hazards on, and slowly drove back to the house.

We then called JESSE, our very own car expert (so thankful for him) and described what happened. He came over and listened to the "knocking" sound the car was making and advised that it not be driven. Since this is Saturday night, there is no one at the dealership to call; so we will have to wait until Monday morning, have the car towed over to KIA and go from there. 

I am super thankful to the Lord for keeping Kaity and I safe during that episode. It was kind of scary and I was beyond belief that the car WOULD NOT GO! Anyway, all is well. We'll just have to wait until Monday to get this resolved. 

No comments: