Wednesday, November 10, 2021

November 10 Luton Park, Rockford

Wednesday:  It's difficult for me to believe that there is YET another park within 10 minutes of my house that I have NEVER explored ... but ... it's true! I have driven by Luton Park probably a dozen times in the last two years or so, making a mental note (a very weak one evidently) to visit it and hike through it--but never actually DOING it. Until TODAY!
Luton Park is just off 10 mile, right of Rockford, perhaps a mile down the road. I arrived at about 3:20 and walked for a solid hour in an almost Enchanted Forest!
I realize I missed the height of color by probably a week or two ... but still ... isn't it gorgeous?

Perhaps you think ALL forests are the very same and once you have seen ONE ... what the heck? What's the draw to see another? 


I'll tell you what ... my heart even beats "funny" when I am out in the woods ... a happy sort of beat ... a nothing-in-the-world-matters kind of flutter.
And look at this romantic little spot ...


I love it here!




I have lived 10 minutes from this place for almost TEN years ... wonders never cease! I still think Aman Park is more dramatic--probably because of the depth of the gorge ... but Aman Park is a full 30 to 35 minutes away! And I LOVE Provin Park, which is also 10 minutes (the opposite direction), but there is NOT ONE DROP of a creek running through it. So ... it doesn't get my vote at all! And Pickerell Lake State Park (about 12 minutes east of me) is gorgeous ... but it is a swampy kind of lake--pretty, but too GREEN. Townsend Park is nearly perfect but I probably have 2,000+ photos in every season of the year at that location. 

I am so happy to live in such a beautiful location. I wouldn't trade it for anything.


My heart is full of thankfulness tonight -- thankful for health, for good sight, for the delight of the wonder of God's creation ...  for all of God's good and perfect gifts. I am also thankful for the more mundane things ... like FOUR loads of laundry washed, folded and put away! AND two hours of leaf blowing on a beautiful afternoon ... and meeting a new neighbor (Mary) and re-acquainting myself with another neighbor (Teri Jean). I'm thankful, also, to hear that my neighbor across the street (Mike) who has been in the hospital for three weeks has finally turned the corner, and is expected to live. I am also thankful that another neighbor, dear Lorraine (87) went to be with the Lord two mornings ago ... how wonderful for her. 

No comments: