Friday, April 26, 2024

April 24 Love these little ones

Wednesday:  I arrived at Cal's school at noon today only to find out that they were not expecting me! Cal was all signed up for "Lunch Bunch" with his little friends. I was a little bit confused, but only temporarily. I asked Cal what he would like to do: "Do you want to stay here with your friends and eat lunch--OR--do you want to eat at grandma's house? If you stay here for lunch, I will pick you up afterwards and THEN we can go to my house." Cal told me he would like to stay for Lunch Bunch, so I drove on over to his house and did a few things to stall for time until I went back to pick him up. When I talked to Kelly later, she said my vacation dates got put on their calendar incorrectly--this was the reason for the mix-up. No worries. I still have a few days before I head out to Florida.

Cal fell asleep on the way over to my house--so I let him sleep for about 20 minutes in the car while I quickly ate a few bites of lunch. Since we only had a little over an hour here to play, our time really zoomed on by!

While I was "setting up" for Cal this morning, I stumbled on a bin full of little stuffed PIGS (part of Paco's family). I'm wasn't sure if Cal had ever seen any of these little critters, so I set them out on the couch for us to play with. Cal LOVED them. It was difficult for me to remember what we had named all of these pigs; but Kaity was able to jolt my memory about just who was who in the pig family the other night.
He was especially "taken" with HAMMY, the least cutest of the bunch--except when you squeeze Hammy, he makes the funniest little snorting sound. Cal liked that a LOT.
He went all over the house snorting at every thing and then cracking up.
Isn't he just the cutest little boy?
We always spend a little time watching the birds outside my side window. Today, there were two doves on the ground feeding the dumped seeds. Cal wanted Sonny to see the birds, so I got him out for Cal to play with.

Cal really gets into puppets. I'm so glad! I do too! He puts Sonny on like a puppet pro ...
He even has little conversations with him! I love this!

I showed Cal how Charlie and Sonny now share the same bin together and how happy they are.

Time to drive over to Cal's house! We did our "usual" after school stuff today. Everyone was surprised to see me! They all thought I had already gone to Florida! Their smiles were so beautiful to see when they saw me. We folded airplanes, watched a little bit of TV, took "selfies", ate healthy snacks ...

Look at this very cool two-page, two-colored airplane Brendan invented! It didn't take him long to fold this up and fly it around. I love it when kids do this! 

Look how tired little Erin looks in this picture (below) ... Aidan too!
Erin loves my phone. Isn't she a scream? She is such a cuddly little one. I always feel warm right down to my toes when she comes to snuggle up. So thankful for the love of these grandchildren.


 

No comments: