Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A sickly visit

Saturday, June 8:  Dear Kaity has been running a fever ... but she still wanted to come over for a little while today. SO ... I made up a comfy spot on my couch for her, tucked her all in, and she actually rested at my house. This is highly unusual. Kaity most often bounces from one activity to another while at my house. She was pretty wiped out.
 It just so happened that baby Jo-Jo was sick too. Oh my. We made a little bed for Jo-Jo too. She slept the entire visit!
 Kaity is not one to just lay around at my house. Even though she was running a temperature, we still managed to play two games of Memory and she beat me both games, although she did not beat me as badly as she usually does. She was actually worried I would WIN at one point.
We also read "The Ant and the Elephant" and Kaity seemed to truly enjoy the story. I made sure she stayed hydrated, and she tried to eat a few bites with me, but it was soon apparent that she just wanted to go back to her house and be with her dad. I brought her home after only being with her for three hours, but I'm so glad I got to take care of her even for that short amount of time. I love you Kaity. Please get well.

No comments: