Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sweet Kaity stuff

Saturday, June 15:  June is halfway over already and it is STILL COLD ... seriously! We've only had two days that reached 80 degrees and they are predicting the next two weeks to follow this cool trend. I'm freezing! 
Baby Erin's year birthday is coming up this Tuesday. I asked Kelly for gift suggestions and she wondered if perhaps a water table would be the thing. Yes! I ordered one for Kelly's household and ... one for mine! The one pictured here is a sunshine/unicorn water table. The one I got for Dylan and Kelly's kiddos is a rainforest one, designed almost exactly like this one. Putting these together was a bit tricky ... but once I figured out how to recharge my power screwdriver, the task was a lot easier. 
 Kaity is perhaps a little bit "old" ?? for this little table, but she certainly enjoyed herself. She played for about 40 minutes. I froze just watching her get wet.

 I put the water table under my car port because it was sprinkling outside. Kaity didn't mind the cold or the rain or the wind one single bit. She played her heart out.
 She even let out a "whoop" (below) due to her overwhelming joy at how much fun she was having. She absolutely kills me sometimes!

 Since we had a WHOLE list of stuff we had to do Saturday, we finally came inside. It was time to make a card for Father's Day. Kaity worked real hard on her card for her daddy. We picked out a few photos of Kaity and her dad and used those for Kaity's card, and then she also drew a picture.

Kaity was super pleased to help me assemble her card. She's a very resourceful little person and loves to do stuff like this.

 Also on our list today was to spend a decent amount of time with Playdoh ... so we did! It's actually very relaxing to play with Kaity like this. She really gets into hands-on stuff. I'm super glad about that. It's so good for her.




 We also had to squeeze in time for Paco's reading lesson. Since we had neglected him the past two weeks, Kaity decided he needed to read THREE stories. Paco struggles, but Kaity is very helpful with his reading. I'm very proud of her about this.

Look at how pleased she is! What a sweetheart you are, Kaity-Girl!

No comments: