Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Baby Erin's First Birthday

Tuesday, June 18:  So today is Erin Lucia's BIG DAY! She is no longer just a fraction! She is an entire YEAR OLD!
 Oh, sweet little baby! Look at her all dressed up for the occasion!
 Erin, you are darling.
 Such a dear little face you have, you precious baby.
 Oh my word.
 Erin was quite pleased today. I think she knew something special was in the air.
 Brendan and Kelly made Erin's birthday cake. It was a chocolate ice cream confetti cake. It was super yummy. Brendan decorated the whole thing! Good job, Brendan!

 WOW, that's SOME cake!
 We gathered around and began to sing, "Happy Birthday." She was uncertain at first, but then it was okay.
 Erin looks a tiny bit dismayed (below) ...

 I love this picture of Erin looking at Dylan (who looks so much like his dad here, it gives me palpitations practically).


 There you go, Erin! Dig in!
 Aidan was super ready for HIS piece of cake on special ELMO plates!
 Baby Erin appreciates the camera pointed in her direction.
 Like everything, Erin examined the cake carefully ... one finger first ... licked that finger and tried another ...
 ... and then she was ALL IN ... this was YUMMY cake!
 Aidan thought it was super great. I'm so glad he has outgrown his dairy allergy!



 Oh my! Erin was plastered with chocolate ice cream confetti cake!
 Kelly cleaned her baby all up, put her pretty dress back on, and then it was time for presents!
 Dylan showed her how to rip open a package. She didn't really want to do that. But INSIDE was the sweetest bunny finger puppet! I have a real weakness for puppets ...
 I think Erin does too. She has a few of those cute puppet books and her folks say she loves them.

 She also got her very own stuffed ELMO! Wow.

 Look how pleased she is!
 She got some beautiful new outfits from her mama too. I also picked up two outfits for her. 
 Aidan was super patient about the opening of gifts. Who wants a bunch of outfits anyway?!?!?!
And I LOVE this of Brendan. I love your smile, dear Brendan!
 THEN we went outside to show Erin her water table! Hopefully all three kiddos will enjoy cooling off with this activity.
 It's super cute to watch how the kids played with this today. Everyone did very well with the water and the table.

 Erin gave me her BEST scrunchy smile too! (below)


 The cutest kids on the planet ...
 "Hey ... I'm just going to back this jalopy out of here, and then I'm on my way ..."

What a wonderful day this was. I love you guys so much. You fill my heart with such JOY.

No comments: